Saturday, December 24, 2011

Best Laid Plans of Mrs. Claus




Jacket: Thrifted, Top: NY&Co., Jeans: American Eagle, Belt: Thrifted, 
Shoes: Payless, Watch: Kohl's 

You ever hear the term best laid plans of mice and men? Well, I experienced the meaning of that yesterday. The boy was flying home yesterday (he lives out in Massachusetts right now, I don't know if you all knew that), and of course holiday air travel got the best of our plans. Instead of getting back into the mitten around 2pm, he didn't get here until 7pm. Which of course caused a lot of anger and stress for everyone involved. Luckily though, my favorite Christmas present made it back at all, and we were able to go share a very late dinner with family and friends. Now he is here for an ENTIRE WEEK. All mine (and some other important people's) for a whole week. I'm so excited!

So about my outfit... this is what a modern day Mrs. Claus would wear. In case you were wondering. This is what I would wear to a big fun holiday party. Sparkles and bright red are exactly what the holidays call for, but due to my plans of just family parties this weekend I toned the outfit down with a less crazy blazer and no belt. More classic with sparkles (naturally).

I hope everyone has an exceptional weekend of holiday happenings with your loved ones! I know I will! Of course I will have some great photos to share in the next couple of days.

Merry Christmas Eve my friends! Eat those cookies, open those presents, and experience all the love of Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    Xoxo
    Merry Christmas!

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are far too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful look!
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete